Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Miss Ruth's Time Bomb

I don't have any new pictures of late, so I thought I'd share a little bit about one of my favorite vintage shops. I found Miss Ruth's when I went to Carlisle, PA for swing dancing one week. Luckily, we arrived early and decided to walk around town and check things out. I looked in the window of this wonderful little shop and knew immediately that I would be returning.

Return I did. I found out every Tuesday was Stitch and Bitch night and found a group of wonderful girls, all with a style of their own.

Here is a picture of our "Stitch and Bitch" group modeling for Miss Ruth's to raise money for the local YWCA.

Miss Ruth's handle's vintage items as well as a vendor for Mode Merr Clothing.

This past winter we packed up the store for major renovations. Here are some pictures of our packing up party.

Yes, that is Hope, from Pink Champagne and Peanut from Miss Ruth's Time Bomb

Becca being Becca

Becca calls me "Mommy Tomye"

The last four to leave. Peanut (second from the right) is the proprietor of Miss Ruth's. She is also the daughter of the beautiful Miss Ruth herself. Do go on her web site for a glimpse of this lovely lady.

While the shop is closed (and after also) you can still shop on Etsy. Check out the online store for one of a kind finds at reasonable prices.

If you happen to be in Carlisle, Pa, after the shop re-opens, stop in for Stitch and Bitch on Tuesdays. Open to any woman with a craft and a good story to tell.

No comments: