Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fried Green Tomatoes

K and I took a trip to the Co-Op farm today to pick up some tomatoes and veggies. After passing the farm three times, we finally found it. It was worth the trip. I'm planning to make peach salsa with my haul. I'll share the recipe with you later. Elaine (the farmer) picked the peppers while I waited.

I forgot my camera during the trip, but here is the result of the trip.

I made some fried Green tomatoes for dinner. You have to try these at least once in your life.


These are a variety of meaty green tomato. You just slice them, dip in egg...then flour...then egg again...then bread crumbs. Fry in a cast iron skillet and sprinkle with salt. I know, I know, fried food...but these are worth it!

Honorable son # 2 made mac and cheese for a picnic and was kind enough to leave us a small casserole of it.

Eating fried green tomatoes and watching Faye Ray


Fried Food and Voodoo.

No comments: