Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snow?!

It is not even Halloween yet and we have a foot of snow!

The weather channel said we have not had snow this early since 1972 when we had about one and one half inches. We have surpassed that by about 10 inches.

My boys couldn't resist making a snowman.


I didn't think I would get to wear my Dr. Zhivago hat this early in the year.
I just purchased it last week from the local Charity Shop for $5. It has a zipper in the back so it can be worn like this or as a full hat that can be tied under the chin. My coat is an oil skin duster that my husband and sons are always trying to snitch from me.

Number two and three sons playing in the snow. Number three just had surgery and will be paying for this tomorrow. They invented a new game of using the disc sleds as giant frisbees.

It is supposed to warm up again and the snow is supposed to be melt away and this will all be a memory next week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy guacamole, it looks FREEZING! I love that enormous snowman and your Dr zhivago hat.

Sarah xxx

Vix said...

No way!!! That's so early for snow, isn't it?
Mind you it looks like you guys are having a fantastic time in it and you look gorgeous in your fur hat. x

mispapelicos said...

I have seen it in the news but I couldn´t believe it. Amazing!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tomye said...

We couldn't believe it either! I am not ready for this yet.

wdn th said...

I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER FROM INDONESIA, LIVING IN SINGAPORE.
I LOVE YOUR BLOG,AND YOU AS WELL ! ! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG,YOU CAN CHECK IT!! IT WOULD BE AN HONOR IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG BACK:

seekthesleek.blogspot.com
if you follow my blog:
- I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
- I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
- I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR LATEST POST & LEAVE A COMMENT.
LIST ME ON TWITTER , SO I WILL KNOW U'RE MY FOLLOWER
-YOU CAN ADD ME ON FACEBOOK IF U WANT, I WILL ALWAYS CONFIRM MY FOLLOWERS

(PLEASE TELL ME IF IT SAYS THAT I HAVENT FOLLOW YOUR BLOG, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY BLOG RECENTLY, BUT IF IT'S FIXED, I WILL FOLLOW U AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)