Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Monday, September 5, 2011

All that Jazz!

Saturday night and "Jazz Me" is playing at Rillos. We've known the lead singer and his wife for 20+ years. Even if we didn't, we would go and see them for their cool, rat pack style of jazz. We put on our best night club duds and headed out.


 I was a little bummed to realize that I didn't have any bangles sparkly enough to wear with this dress and shawl. I will be keeping my eyes open to try to correct that problem. Dress from Goodwill for $5 and the fringed shawl mine for more years that I want to think about.

These are my $6 Dorothy shoes and $1.99 fishnets from Gabriele Brothers.

Larry was looking pretty fine too.

My necklace belonged to my Grandmother and Mother


It has matching earrings but they didn't get in the shot

Three of the guys...the drummer was hiding in the corner. Rillos has some great Art Deco decor.


They kept things pretty low key until after the dinner time and then they cut loose. That's when everybody
wandered in from the bar and the dance party started.

We won a free CD for being the first to get up and dance.

I don't know how well it shows, but this dress is tiered and loaded with multi colored sparkles.

Check out the Jazz Me video posted.

4 comments:

mispapelicos said...

You are both stunning.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Vix said...

You are both absolutely gorgeous. I love your shawl and sparkly shoes especially. x
PS Thanks for the kind offer of the dress. I'm goanmad@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Oh you look GORGEOUS! I love that frock - and those shoes and the necklace are spectacular. I wish I had been there - I would have danced too!

Sarah xxx

Unknown said...

Oh - and that shawl is FAB.
xxx