Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rockin' the 70's

I decided to jazz up a dull work outfit with my
70's turquoise jewelry


I wish I could say I found the pieces in a quaint little vintage shop, but I actually bought them in the 70's and have had them since.
Here's a close up of the necklaces


The jacket belonged to my mother

the bead necklace is crocheted. It was all the rage at the time. Just string beads on metallic yarn and chain stitch, pulling a bead up into the chain every so many stitches.

Here is a close up of the earrings




I will be wearing these earrings when I am 80.

My slacks were given to me by the lovely K and the shell was bought at Goodwill for $3.50.



The turquoise bracelet was inherited and is Sara Coventry. The silver bangles I've had forever and the cute little handcuffs are from Miss Ruth's Time Bomb

Supper tonight was provided by a friend of ours, Lee. She grew up in Korea and this is the best soup ever. It is as spicy as it looks (she tones it down for us). It is a cold spicy cucumber soup you serve over hot rice. Delicious!



Everyone abandoned me tonight so I'm watching Sophia Loren and Alan Ladd in "Boy on a Dolphin"



            

1 comment:

Vix said...

Hello, you stylish lady! I'm a big fan of turquoise jewellery,too. That handcuff bracelet is just wonderful and I love your floral jacket.
Nice to meet you. x