Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Greetings


I've always been the oddball where ever I go
I'm the one in red and rhinestones while everyone else is wearing jeans and T-shirts

I thought I was a loner until I discovered the beautiful ladies on Blogger who aren't afraid to be different

Helga VonTrollop, Pull Your Socks Up, Vintage Vixen among others as well as my young friend. Pink Champagne, have inspired me to vent my need to express my artistic tendencies via the "Blog"

This was my Fourth of July outfit. Needless to say everyone but a few brave souls, who also ventured out of the accepted normal realm of fashion, looked at me like I needed to be committed.

My dress was a steal at half price off day at our Community Aid Charity Store. The hat I found at "Fairy Godmothers" Vintage Store, Mechanicsburg, Pa. Normally they are a bit pricey, but I dug this sailor's cap out of a bargain bin and added a hand carved red, white and blue feather which was a gift from a local carving artist and friend "Ralph Hocker". The shoes were from my favorite haunt, Goodwill in Camp Hill, Pa. and the handbag was from the $5 bin at Miss Ruth's Time Bomb in Carlisle, Pa. It was missing the handle so I added an old faux gold chain from the 80's that belonged to my father in law.



A close up of the hat

The earrings I've owned for about 20 years, procurred on a trip to New York, NY. I don't remember where I got the belt, too long ago.

Too early in the morning for smiling

Please to excuse any misspellings or confused sentences. Apart from being of Pennsylvania Dutch stock (we tend to talk bassackwards), a bout with lyme disease left my mind a bit jumbled.

Thanks for reading luvs!



2 comments:

Girl Twin Exchange said...

Hi Tomye! Joy from the Stitch! So glad to see you blogging! Stop by either of my blogs if you feel like it ^_^

xoxo

http://babyruuu.blogspot.com/
http://girltwinexchange.blogspot.com/

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Yay, glad to see you finally got a blog! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/