Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pump Primers

This is one of the annual events that Larry and I attend. Larry loves it because it has fire trucks and firefighter "junk" and I like it because it is a walk by the river and I like to look at all the activity. This is the River Boat. Anybody can take a ride for about $13.


This is a big competition day for the local volunteer fire companies. Larry said the first time his company did this keg competition, they lost miserably.


These are all retired pumpers that are now privately owned. The owners bring them out and line them up along the river to show off their big pumps. Most men of course.


Larry actually knows what he is looking at...or at least pretends he does anyway.


This is my favorite truck every year just because I like the town's name "Zelienople". It is a real town in Western Pennsylvania with a famous candy store.


I found my cherry dress at the church charity shop for $2.

After the Pump Primers, we spent the rest of the afternoon at the "Bluegrass on the Grass" festival in Carlisle. It is a free festival put on by Dickenson College.




I don't really have any great pictures of what I was wearing. I was just having a fun day out with my hubby.

No comments: