Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Big Bird!

I took a suggestion from Misfit's Vintage Blog and bought a YELLOW dress! The pictures do not do the yellow justice. I thought I looked a bit like big bird. I got a lot of ladies telling me they loved my outfit. but that is probably because I stuck out like a "zoot suit at a Shaker's funeral".

We went to the Dill Tavern to listen to the Big Band.



I found this watch pin at Marjorie's Gems. I had to have it because my Dad's first job when he was 13 years old was working the ice truck.

This alligator purse is from Cuba and belonged to my husband's Mom. The little guy still has his very sharp little teeth. When my hubby was little, his mom had this in church and he sat down on it and yelled out in the middle of service "It bit my butt!". It has since drawn blood from all three of my boys who felt the need to stick their
finger in it's mouth.

I need a name for my purse. Any suggestions?

Next day...Same dress...Different look





Dress, belt & Shoes - Goodwill $10 total
Hat & gloves - Thrifted $12
White earrings, cape and purse - inherited
Ice watch pin - Marjories Gems $10
Green necklace - Gabriele Brothers
Bangles - Gifted from Sarah of MRTB
Green earrings - I bought in the 70s

4 comments:

Helga said...

Tomye,I adore that frock!Let the compliments guide you!Standing out in a sea of beige is a fine thing!
The handbag is divine,and I would probably call it something like Sid, or Harold,but I have odd tastes in names!XXX

Vix said...

You really do suit yellow, that little frock is the cutest! x

Unknown said...

Yellow dress perfection!
I used to have a crocodile purse when i was a little girl, i wonder what happened to it!

Ariane x

Unknown said...

Great post !

Love your style and see you as such as good inspiration :) !

I'm an instant follower of you now :)

Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

Love,

Janice
the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl