Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Friday, March 9, 2012

Dance If You Want To...

We just found out this week that a long time friend of ours is finally being beaten by his long time enemy, colon cancer. He has been given only a few more months on this earth. Before we first got married 28 years ago, we would spend hours way into the night playing UNO and laughing and having our whole lives ahead of us. Children came and life sucked up our time and before we knew it, we were old. We are going to visit him next week and it will be one of the hardest things I have done in my 54 years. I don't want to make you sad with this post, it is just a reminder to dance if you want to, cry if you want to, wear plaids with polka dots and bows in your hair! We don't know what tomorrow may bring, and I don't want to say "I wish I would have..."

Last week Peanut from MRTB asked me to dance at the Annual Fashion Show. At first, I thought I am too old to do anything like that. Now I am thinking that I will dance for myself and if anyone wants to share in my joy, they are welcome to. That is what any kind of artistic expression is anyway, whether it be music, singing, dancing, fashion or drawing; it is just the love, joy, pain, happiness and sorrow inside of each one of us building up inside until we can't contain it anymore and it bursts out!

I think that is why I love all of you Blogger Girls, because "YOU GET IT!". You are who you are and if that is too much for others to deal with, "Oh Well".


Keep Dancing!!!

1 comment:

Vix said...

I'm so sorry about your friend, Tomye. When my Mum was ill many of her friends shied away from visiting and I know they still suffer guilt for doing so. It will be hard but I know your friend will be so happy to see you.
Big love to you. xxx