Playing with the Cards that are Dealt You

Living life to the fullest with whatever the day brings

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Holly Inn

I am not a very good "stay at home" person. Maybe if I had a car, but my son has absconded with it until we can get his out of hock from the garage. I'm finishing some projects as I finally have my sewing machine. I mended some dresses and got around to fixing my curtains. The curtains were just a scarf which was meant to drape over a rod. I wanted to use them as cafe curtains so it had to be cut in the middle and put a hem in them.


I am pretty happy with how they turned out.

Fringes Good!

Over the weekend we got a chance to go to the world famous Holly Inn to a music fest with "The Hillbilly Gypsies", "Cabin Fever Project" and "Tuckahoe Ridge".


The lovely K and her BF "Bob" treated us to a night out.


I decided I needed a jean skirt and went to the local Charity Shop. I found one for $2.50. I already had the blouse that I found in one of Miss Ruth's $2.00 bin.

I didn't have a hair piece that matched so I dug through my sewing box and found some bits to make a hair clip.


My total outfit cost less than $10 including the red "Dingo" boots.

It was mostly just a relaxing night listening to music. K and Bob tried to dance but there was so much beer spilt on the dance floor that they just kind of stuck to it. But the music was pretty good, and three bands for only $10 per person was good too.

Hillbillies + clogging + holding beer = sticky floor.

2 comments:

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh gawd you look amazing!! I love the shirt so much - two bucks?? That's crazy! I'm in love with your hair clip and thumbs up to fringed curtains!! xoxo

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

One of my favorite outfits from you! I love the bohemian Western look! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/